A special version of Microsoft’s utility Upgrade Advisor to Windows 10 will allow users of Windows 7 SP1 and 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909) for free.
Windows 7 support coming to an end
After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will stop releasing security updates and will cease technical support for Windows 7. In order for your computer to continue to be maintained and protected, receiving monthly security updates, you have the opportunity to make a free update to Windows 10.
For users of Windows 7 and 8.1, the planned annual period of a free upgrade to Windows 10 officially ended on July 29, 2016.
Immediately after this date, Microsoft launched a site designed for users with disabilities using assistive technology for Windows. However, he stopped working on January 16, 2018. However, using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant utility, which is still available for download from official servers, anyone can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
A step-by-step upgrade to the Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909) is currently available.
Free upgrade to Windows 10
The necessary conditions:
A free update is available only for licensed users of Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1.
To take advantage of the free upgrade offer, you must complete the following steps:
1. For a hassle-free installation, you must install all the latest updates for your current system.
2. Download the special version of the “Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant” utility, with which you can check your computer’s compatibility and upgrade your Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 operating system for free.
3. Run the utility and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Updating can take from one to several hours, depending on the configuration of your computer and the speed of your Internet connection. After the update is completed, Windows 10 (version 1709) will be installed.
5. Verify system activation. Press the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings application, and go to the Update & Security > Activation menu.
6. Next, you can upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 November 2019 Update using the Media Creation Tool.
Activating Windows 10 with Windows 7 and 8.1 Keys
Windows 10 can be activated using product keys from Windows 7 and 8.1.
If you are the owner of the key for the OEM version of Windows 7 or 8.1, then when performing a clean installation of Windows 10 (version 1909), you can go through the activation procedure in the application Settings> Update and Security> Activation> Change Product Key.